September 19, 2010

Bestfriend But Never Lover

Someone I just met told me "I bet you're everyones bestfriend." He's right I kinda am. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I do get along with just about everyone. The only problem with being everyones bestfriend is then your no ones lover. How do you become desirable to people when everyone views you as a cuddly puppy? I guess I'm stuck in a rut.

When I meet new people or in the rare occasion I actually have a date, they always end up as friends instead of love interests. I do get the random requests for hook ups, but that's a get in and get off situation it's just not my thing. What happened to romance? Does it even exist anymore? Can't people take the time to actually get to know one another, you know the whole courtship thing. 

My friend James says the reason I'm single is because I'm too picky. I don't think I'm picky at all. If you looked at all my past relationships each and every guy was very different. I do have standards/guidelines, but doesn't everyone? For example, they have to be taller than me and can't be skinnier. I don't think this is a hard request considering I'm 5'6 and 140 pounds. Another guideline is the guy has to have a car. I can't go through that again it was like driving Miss Daisy. My most important guideline is just that the guy is sweet, treats me with respect and has a big cock. (just kidding) I don't think any of these guidelines are too much to ask for. If this makes me picky well then by all means call me picky.

So how do I stop being viewed as the bestfriend and start being viewed as boyfriend material? I actually have no fucking clue! I guess some guys are just lucky they ooze sex appeal and everyone wants to be with them. Just last night my friend was getting passed around like a blow up doll (he was just being a makeout slut) and I know those guys would probably date him. I'm not saying I want to makeout with random people at a party, but alittle attention without having to go to that extreme would be nice. You obviously have to kiss a lot of frogs before you get your prince, but I'm trying to not get the herp.


So I guess I'll have to live with my bestfriend title for now. At least I know I'm well liked and who knows maybe one of these days I'll meet someone who doesn't want to be "just friends."