November 28, 2010

Thankful


This Thanksgiving really got me thinking about a lot of stuff to be thankful for. I've always been pretty lucky. My family has accepted my homo ways pretty good. My Mom has always told me, "it doesn't matter who you love, but how they treat you. I just want you to be happy and it helps if he has money." I'm thankful for my family and for my friends. My friends are family to me. I am truly grateful for the people that I surround myself with. I wish I could see more of my friends more often. You know you have real friends when you haven't seen someone in a long time and they do anything to still help you out. 

Thanksgiving eve, the Wednesday before the big day, has always been one of the biggest party nights of the year for us Tubesteak lovers. You always run into guys you haven't seen a long time, guys you've wished you'd never see again and guys whom you've messed around with and pretend like it never happened. I'm thankful for x-rated martinis! That was my poison for the evening. My friend George (whom I haven't seen since I was in Philly with Kevin) was home for the holiday visiting his family so he wanted to hang out at the bar. He's kind of quiet, but trust me he isn't shy. Can we say exhibitionist? I swear he has a promising career as a cameraman.

 
Bobby, George and I hung out all night. As we waited for more of our posse to show up we took a sex test. I think I passed, we each got a $10 Wal-Mart giftcard for just taking it. My friend Steve was bartending again and his gorgeous partner Bill showed up with their friend Lukas. (He wore a shirt that said "big cock" on it. I kept my distance incase lightening hit him.) I have known Lukas for awhile (He used to date Ian) and it was good to see him out again. 

I watched the people starting to come in and the night was getting more interesting. Stalker showed up. Andy showed up of course with another date. Going to the bar is not a date. As Bobby said, "That's like bringing sand to the beach." Andy didn't even feel the need to even introduce him to us. He just came over, hugged me, kissed me on the cheek and went upstairs. We kind of ignored each other for the rest of the night after that. Some guy I used to date showed up. He tried to talk to me, but I just ignored him. It's like yes I've seen you naked, but I don't wanna talk to you, you're an asshole! Cut to me downing two more martinis. Ok, ok I got alittle drunk. I am thankful that Stalker, Bobby and George were there. They took me out for breakfast so I could sober up. I was drunk texting Kevin and he text Mr. Stalker and told him to take care of me. 

To sum up my Thanksgiving here's a conversation I had with my mom as I carved the turkey.
Mom, "Just get the meat off."
Me, "Funny, that's not the first time someone has said that to me."
Mom, "Ew!"
Me, "What too much?"
Mom, "Just shut up and scrape the bone."
Me, "I've been trying to do that for months."
It truly was a great Thanksgiving! Thank god for wine!

The situation with Andy has been rather awkward. I've been trying to keep him at a distance. It's better for me this way. My friend David and I had a talk after he read the last blog entry. He said he didn't think Andy was necessarily being a "playa" it's just that everything is so new to him. He dumbed it down in way so I could relate and said, "It's like the movie Mean Girls. He's the new kid Cady and your Janice. Everything is new to him and you're well seasoned. " I said, "Well who is Regina and the rest of the mean girls?" David replied, "Every guy Andy goes out with." Maybe David is right. Mean Girls had a happy ending (I'd give Andy one) and hopefully after everything stops being so "new" for him his behavior will go back to normal. One can hope, but I'm not holding my breath. 

Stalker invited us all out for dinner to celebrate his Birthday. He asked Bobby, Kevin, Jose, Cuervo, and myself. He wanted to have dinner at Andy's Arabic restaurant. (Andy would be our waiter) This just had "awkward" written all over it. I don't care much for Jose and Cuervo. They are nice, but are one of those couples that are always on the prowl for a third and of course have an open relationship. It gets rather trashy when they are constantly trying to hook up with random guys. I know, to each their own, but what's the point of even being in a relationship? I really feel that this is the reason why we can't get equal rights. This is why society treats us the way they do. Gays like this paint a picture that we are all this way. That we all sleep around. This of course is just my opinion. A lot of gay couples I know are like Jose and Cuervo, but most are more private with their "playtime." 

Bobby of course backed out. He didn't wanna deal with the awkwardness and he said Jose and Cuervo don't even give him the time of day. I guess they don't want to sleep with him. Kevin was going to be my buffer, but of course he backed out as well. Apparently he had drama the night before and was up all night. Seriously all I heard is blah, blah, blah you're a dirty whore. So that left me with Stalker, Jose, Cuervo and Andy who waited on us. Dinner started out good. The belly dancer made us all belly dance with her, which was rather funny, but I wasn't drunk enough for that. She put her headdress on Stalker. He looked like Rick James. "I'm Rick James bitch!" and he whipped it. "I whip my hair back and forth." When the belly dancer told us to "Go ahead and grab a girl" I said, "And on that note I'm done!!" After we finished three bottles of wine things started to get dirtier. Stalker showed me videos of himself on his phone (which actually was hot. I may be a prude at times but I'm not dead inside) Jose set me a pic of his cock (like I'd let him touch me) and even Andy said some things I didn't like. I texted Kevin and said, "We completely lost him. He is just like all the others." He's a drone following his big queen mother, he's part of the "Plastics" now. 

We of course went to the bar afterwards. Things got better when Jose and Cuervo left. I kept my distance from Andy (he was there with that guy again) and hung out with Stalker. Stalker said he had a great birthday and he was thankful we were there. He may be a bit crazy and alittle intense but he has a good heart. Earlier in the evening he gave me a computer (mine has been broken) with no strings attached. (Though Knockers said he probably has it so it streams live video to his computer. So that's what that red blinking light is.) He doesn't want anything from me, but friendship. All and all the holiday weekend turned out pretty good. It was interesting to say the least. Just remember there's always something for which to be thankful for......like liquor.