February 13, 2012

What is L.O.V.E.?


What is love? Haddaway sung it best
"What is love?
Oh baby, don't hurt me.
Don't hurt me no more."

in the most infectious dance song ever created. I bet it's stuck in your head now and you're bopping your head like in A Night At The Roxbury. You're welcome. What is love? Simple question, yes but it's one of the most complex questions ever asked. Love is magic and to be loved by others there is no greater power in the world.

With first love comes first heartaches. No matter how old you get and how many loves come and go, heartbreaks still feel like the end of the world. Over time you learn to deal with them better. Each heartbreak you learn from, but with each one you also become damaged. The feelings may have lessened but the feeling as if your world is ending stays the same. Your world is ending. Everything you thought you knew has changed and then you start over. You look for a new love. And the process repeats itself until you find the one with the duct tape and crazy glue to keep your heart together. We search for love because everyone needs to be loved by someone in order to feel complete.


Often times people (ok mostly men) confuse lust and love. Ejaculating all over your partner does not equal love. Now ejaculating all over your partner and then cleaning him up, followed by some cuddling is closer to love. Lust can lead to love, but love never leads to lust. In order to maintain the love, you need the passion. I believe lust and passion are two different things. Lust is just your libido talking and he's spitting all over the place! Passion is your entire body. You feel it in your heart. The boys that just want the lust are easy to spot. They always say they want a relationship, but they change boyfriends like they change the music on their iPods. Once you get sick of it, you skip it. Nothing irritates me more than seeing a guy have a new boyfriend every few weeks. They always use the excuse "I just wasn't feeling it." Honey you were feeling something for the first two weeks, what was that? Then it's on to the next guy. Most likely there isn't anything wrong with these guys. It's just an excuse to not be committed and not look like a slut. But if the cock fits their either riding it or it's hitting the back of their throat.

I've learned throughout the years that heartache is painful and love is blinding. (It's not from the cum in your eye.) People can take advantage if you're heart is easily accessible. The trick is too only let the right person in but how can you tell if he's right? I'm still trying to figure that out. I've also learned that people come and go from your life. If you love someone you have to tell them when you have the chance too. They may not be there tomorrow. Make sure you tell your friends, family and significant other how much you truly care for them. Life is short but love lasts forever. So what is love to me? It's friendship, family and hope. Hope that someday I'll meet him and his hand will fit mine. I will eternally be a cheerleader for love.

Love Quotes
"Love can never give too much, But those of us who love can give in too much."
-Alfred Stuart, Jr.


"If rain drops were kisses, I could send you showers. if hugs were seas I send you oceans. and if love was a person I send you me!!"
-Ally qwerty


"Love is like a poisonous mushroom -- you don't know if it is the real thing until it is too late!"
-Source Unknown


"Alcoholism is one of two addictions considered acceptable in our society. The other is love."
-Kyle Alexander


"Falling in love is so hard on the knees."
-Aerosmith\


"Love is like an eternal flame, once it is lit, it will continue to burn for all time."
-Kamila


"I've only been in love once. I know this because that person gave me butterflies every time I saw them. I'm still waiting to find the next person to do that to me, and when I do feel those butterflies again I will know he's the one. BUT until then it tends to be just gas."
-Kevin Matthews


"Love makes time pass; time makes love pass."
-French Proverb


"We cease loving ourselves if no one loves us."
-Germaine De Stael


"Love and stoplights can be cruel."
-Sesame Street


"Like the Bermuda Triangle, I hear it exists but since I have never been in it, I can't say much about it either way."
-Bobby Bunny


"Friends will keep you sane, Love could fill your heart, A lover can warm your bed, But lonely is the soul without a mate."
-David Pratt


"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly."
-Rose Franken


"Since sex became so easy love has become so hard."
-James Sullivan


"There is no remedy for love but to love more."
-Henry David Thoreau


"You're nothing short of my everything."
-Ralph Block


"I love a hand that meets my own with a grasp that causes some sensation."
-Samuel Osgood


"Love is grand; divorce is a couple hundred thousand grand!"
-Knockers


"You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams!"
-Dr. Seuss (via James Plowersum)



Other QDL articles that may interest you:
VD
Love, Lies, & Lollipops
Besties With Testes